Monday, May 3, 2010

The wedding of our dreams

I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man. Unfortunately we are both totally broke. Unless something happens and we both become rich before our wedding next year, it is going to be a very modest affair. We will be lucky to have a photographer, or even a reception of any kind. Forget a honeymoon, we will be lucky to have a few nights in a cheap hotel. Nevertheless we both like to dream and imagine what our wedding would be like if money was no object:

1. We would fill the church by flying in all out of town family and friends who are able to come.

2. An all afternoon/evening reception in a banquet hall with loads of food and dancing. (not too loud though)

3. Professional photographer who doesn't use flash (major migraine trigger for me.)

4. A wedding cake of a lifesize Krogan doing DDR!

5. Some cool items from ThinkGeek for favors (such as tactical bacon.)

6. A week long honeymoon in Tokyo with plenty of spending money.

7. Fancy dress/tux for the wedding and fun cosplay outfits for the reception.

8. Video games for all to play at the reception.

9. Dancing lessons for me so I don't kill my husband before the honeymoon (literally.)

10. A professional wedding planner to take care of everything for us.

11. Limos or cool antique cars (with drivers.)

12. Roses everywhere.

13. Professional special educator to help deal with my autistic teens during it all.


I'm sure I've forgotten some things, and it is in no particular order, but I'm really happy that I was able to see these plans in writing even if they will never come true.

No comments: