Thursday, April 29, 2010

Paralyzing creativity

I like to be creative. I enjoy writing, drawing, painting, cross-stitch, crochet, singing, etc. Sometimes I have art block and can't think of anything worthwhile to do with my creative urges. Sometimes I have no problem at all and am able to express myself exactly the way I want to. But a majority of the time I have what I like to call paralyzing creativity.


For me paralyzing creativity is an overwhelming amount of ideas that cause me to shut down. I don't know which idea to pursue first or how to execute my idea into the vision I desire. It is extremely frustrating. Yet I realize that much of this is a state of my mind that I should be able to control. I haven't yet figured out how to control this, but I have started to make an effort.


Recently I have forced myself to take an idea that I have and work with it, whether I like it or am comfortable with it or not. I have actually put out some work. But I am not really happy with the results; I am just okay with them. I have decided to keep up with this plan for now since I am actually getting some results and am learning some new things too.

But deep down I want to have a fabulous idea that I love and follow through with it until my vision is realized.

No comments: