Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thoughts on The Last Airbender

I saw The Last Airbender with my son today. After so many horrible reviews I was pleasantly surprised.

The special effects were superb. Pacing was a little on the slow side, however it seemed to cover the essentials from the cartoon.

The acting was not great, but good enough. Dialogue could have been better, but was not as terrible as reviewers made it seem.

I was disappointed that Prince Zuko's scar was unrealistically pigmented the same color as the rest of his face. And there were a few scenes where a better editor would have chosen retakes of dialogue that were smoother.

But overall the film was good. To all the reviewers and newscasters who claim that it was the worst movie ever, I say: You haven't seen many movies, have you?!

No comments: